SUMMER 2013 ARCHAEOLOGY FIELD SCHOOL:
A Colorado Rocky Mountain High!
Interested in learning about archaeology? The 2013 University of Oklahoma Field School will introduce you to all key elements of archaeological field work in one of the prettiest settings in the western United States.
- Learn to read and use topographic maps, compass, and global positioning system (GPS)
- Learn to identify artifacts, features and sites from the Paleoindian through historic eras
- Survey for new sites and learn to record and map them on state site forms
- Conduct a small-scale excavation of an 8,000 – 10,000 year-old Paleoindian site
- Learn all aspects of post-field laboratory processing, artifact analysis and write-up
Click here for more information about Dr. Pitblado’s summer 2013 field school.